Friday, October 26, 2007

We love soccer!




Coralee had her final soccer game last Saturday. It was a great game to end on. The team we played was pretty equal to us in talent. Most of their kids were playing for their first time just like mine, so it was an equal playing field. We scored quite a few goals and so did they so it made for a fun game. The best part was that two of my kids scored for the first time and every kid on the team scored at least one goal throughout the season. It was a great high note to the season.

Although Coralee did not score a goal in the last game, she had scored two goals throughout the season. She was really aggressive and it surprised us. She really got in there and battled to get the ball, it was so fun to watch. She came so close to scoring on Saturday. She had dribble down the field, but just couldn't get the ball in. It was very exciting. I am such a proud coach/mother. The only discouraging part to being coach/mother is when Coralee really didn't want to be in the game or she complained non-stop about how tired she was when she hadn't done anything yet. She always said her legs were tired and that she needed a rest. I guess that is part of being four! She was so fun to watch and I was happy that she was always excited for her games and that she even played for that matter. That is more than I can say I did when I was her age. She is a little stud!







Here are Coralee's favorites about the season:



  1. "I like playing soccer."


  2. " I like when I score goals."


  3. "I like the end cause I get snack."


  4. "I like my Daddy cheering for me when I play soccer."


  5. "I like playing with my teammates so I am not playing alone."

  6. "I like when I kick the ball away from the other team, so I can score a goal."


  7. "Soccer is my favorite sport."


Here are my favorites about the season:

  1. I love that the kids are too young to know who won or lost.

  2. I love that the kids play just to have fun.

  3. I love that it is non-competitive.

  4. I had great players and great parents.

  5. Every kid scored a goal.

  6. Parents commented on how much fun their kids were having.

  7. I got to run around and play like I was four.

  8. Coralee told me that I was her best coach.

  9. My daughter had a smile on her face each game and had a good time.

  10. We got to be together as a family. Steve, Landon, and Braylon were the best cheerleaders!
Well, that sums up soccer. We had a great experience, a great season, great players, great parents, great fans, and a great time!

GO BULLS!

No comments: