Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween

We had another great Halloween. I had a hard time getting into it this year. I think it was just one more thing that I had to do and so it was hard to motivate myself, but we pulled it off even though we didn't have decorations. Much to Coralee's disgust. She really wanted to get our stuff out, but it just didn't happen. Sorry Cor.
Coralee was a Barbie Bride; Landon was Spiderman; Braylon was a cow; I dressed up as a cow and a basketball player for my preschool classes; and Stephen dressed up as a pregnant account manager. He likes to dress up like people from work. He looked great though! He really can pull off anything can't he?!
Like every Halloween, we got the most out of our costumes. We had plenty of opportunities to strut our stuff. First, we had our community Halloween party at our park that my friend Kim does every year. She amazes me. Coralee was unable to attend as she had practice for the primary program, but Landon and Braylon had fun trick or treating.
Next, we invited our friends Jessica, Alana, and Brigg to our ward's trunk-or-treat. They live down the street from us and our kids are the same age which is lots of fun. The kids loved going from trunk to trunk to get candy. However, Landon was very nervous about the "fire". Several people had dry ice going and Landon thought it was smoke. We couldn't go to those trunks! I got to walk the kids around while Stephen passed out the candy. Good times.
Third, we got to wear our costumes to my 3-4-year-old preschool class party. We had a good time making crafts, eating, and trick or treating in the basement. After the party we loaded up in the mini van and headed off to Steve's office to show off. The kids always get lots of candy from all his co-workers. They are great. We got to crash his office potluck and see everyone's costumes. Fun, fun.
Fourth, we lived it up Halloween night! We had our friends (the ones mentioned above) and Brother Dave over for Chili and then we headed out. The weather was much nicer this year and we didn't have to go home due to frost bite. Gotta love that. We walked up and down our street and the kids did so good. There were a couple of scary houses that we couldn't go to, but other than that they do not seem too tramatized. We were worried about Landon. He kept falling behind because he was so busy taking everything in. He would stare at each person as they walked by and then we would look very closely at every house for "scary things". One boy's costume really scared him and we had to skip a few houses to get ahead of him. Halloween is such a disturbing holiday for the wee ones. I really don't get it.
Finally, one last hooray as we got to dress up for my 4-5-year-old preschool class. This party was a little more chaotic than the first, but we lived through it and I think all of the kids had a good time. I was happy when it was all over! That is our 2007 Halloween in a nutshell. Hope you all had as much fun and excitement as we did.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy holiday! I don't like the really scary part of Halloween- Pete refused to approach a house that had the spooky music and fog machine going. I much prefer the silly/fun part. Anyway, I love the pictures and reading about your family fun!

Kassi said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading about all the Halloween festivities you participated in. The kids are so cute! I love Landon as Spiderman! I also loved Steve's costume, however I think that there is something seriously wrong with his baby, his stomach is very strangely shaped! Love the pics and love you guys!