Friday, January 4, 2008

It's been awhile

Wow, seems like I have fallen off the face of the earth! My goal of updating once a week obviously failed hee, hee! So much has happened in the last month that it feels like months have gone by! First of all, we had Landon's birthday on November 23 and then Coralee's on December 4th. On November 29 I got a kidney stone and ended up in the emergency room because I thought my appendix had burst. Totally freaky experience, I sympathize for anyone who has had one and hope that if you haven't had one, you never experience it! Not fun. My mom flew out here on the 30th to help with Coralee's birthday party, which we holding the next day on Dec. 1, and while in transit my grandfather's horse came back without him during his morning ride. My mom was in Las Vegas when she found out that he was missing and I was in the Urologist's office to find out if I needed to have surgery because of the size of my kidney stone. My mom was going to wait in Vegas until she received word as to what had happened to my grandpa, but instead she decided just to continue on to Denver. While she was in the air and when I had just gotten into the room to actually see the urologist, I received a phone call from my dad telling me that they had found my grandpa and that he did not make it. He had had a masive heart attach.

It was devastating and I felt horrible that my mom was coming to help me when she could have been there. We figured it was best for both us to be together and things worked out just fine. We had Coralee's birthday party the next day, my mom flew home on Dec 2, I had surgery Dec. 3, Coralee's birthday was Dec. 4 (thankgoodness we had a party for her early because I was so sick on her birthday!!), and on Dec. 5 I flew home to Fallon for the funeral which was held on Dec. 8.

Once I returned home, it was on to preparing for Christmas and trying to get caught up from being gone for a week. Christmas came and it was great. It was very laid back and relaxing. The kids were thrilled that Santa came and we had fun putting their toys together and playing on Christmas day. Our favorite part was the yummy steak and crab legs that Steve made for us! A Christmas tradition at our house. Next, we celebrated Braylon's first birthday on December 30th and then brought in the new year with nachos, sparkling cider with toasts that the kids loved (To the Lewis' was the favorite!), by watching Shrek the Third and all falling asleep by 10! Ya, we're quite the party animals! Next it was on to Steve's birthday on January 1 and it was filled with lots of food and football, just the way he likes it. He loves his birthday because there is lots of football to watch and he always has it off from work. The month flew by and here we are at the beginning of 2008! So, I guess I have some good excuses as to why I haven't updated, but I still will start the new year with the resolution to update at least once a week! We'll see how that goes.

Hope this finds you all well and happy. Now I will try and catch up with pics of everything that I wrote about above!

5 comments:

Norby Family said...

I'm so glad you're back. I love reading about your family. Your kids are getting so big, I can't believe it! We miss you here in Reno.

Jess said...

You were near impossible to find!! (I couldn't tell you how I finally did - I think through your sisters blog of all places)

I never forgot you and have many fond fond memories of our year together at UNR! I'm thrilled to see your doing so well and your kids are adorable! I hope we can chat sometime and catch up.

-Jess
(aka Martha)

Teri said...

Hi Rachel good job love the pictures. Wow what a month for you keep up the good work. I have always loved your way in life keep it up. Thanks Steve for sharing your family with us have looooved the many visits we have treasured with you and your wonderful family. Love Gramma Sorensen

Kassi said...

Um, not to put any pressure on you, but we would really like to see pics of the little guy walking! Miss you guys!

Heidi said...

Okay... so i'm now stocking you! Hope you dont mind me adding you to my list... Thanks again for a fun afternoon of scrapbooking!