Thursday, November 5, 2009

Needed

Sometimes I take for granted the fact that I am NEEDED. At times it feels like being NEEDED is a curse rather than a blessing. My kids NEED me to feed them, help them get dressed, help them tie their shoes, change their diapers, help them clean, help them do their homework, read to them , take them to school, hold them, play with them, laugh with them, cry with them, fix things, find things, bath them . . . and the list goes on and on.

Lately, I have noticed that all of these NEEDS have been piling up and making me tired and frustrated. However, tonight as I was able to hold each on of my children individually and tell them how much I LOVED them and feel how much they LOVE me, I realized how ridiculous it is that their NEEDS are making me tired and frustrated. Their NEEDS are what make me what I am and LOVE being . . . a MOTHER.

Coralee said the sweetest thing to me as I was lying with her talking before she fell asleep. She said, "Being a mom is the hardest job in the world".

I replied, "I am glad that you know that. I didn't know that before I became a mom and it is a lot harder than I thought. (Thanks a lot mom!! You made it look easy!!) I'm not very good at it and I'm learning as I go. I'm sorry you have to learn with me".

She then commented, "You're doing better than you think."

I LOVE being a MOM and I LOVE that I am NEEDED! I hope I don't take it for granted anymore! My children are my GREATEST BLESSINGS!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Coralee is such a sweetie! You're doing great Rach.

Heidi said...

true true... thanks for the reminder!

"R" Team said...

I needed that on a night like tonight. Thanks Rach.

dorothy among the munchkins said...

G'day Lil'Ray! Long time, no e-, I know. Got your Cmas card with the advert for your blog so jumped on to check it out. Lots to catch up on but wanted to be sure to confirm (from half way around the world) that you are an excellent mother and Coralee is 100% correct!!!