Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tornado Scare

On Monday July 20th My mom, my brother Cameron, Steve, and I went to the movies to see Harry Potter. At then end of the movie the theater got really loud and we realized that it was hailing outside and the wind was howling! The next thing we knew, the movie stopped and an employee rushed into the theater and announce that there was a tornado warning and that we all needed to evacuate the theater and head into the bathrooms. From the sound of it I thought we were surley having a tornado. I made Steve call our sitter and get the kids into the basement! A bit of an overreaction, but from the sounds of things I was sure that the end was here!! It wasn't even raining out at our house when poor McKenna got all of our kids out of bed and made them hike down to the basement! (Sorry McKenna!) Needless to say, we didn't wait out the tornando warning before heading home.

When we got home, the weather wasn't too bad but then it hit at our house! It dumped and dumped! This picture didn't turn out because it was so dark, but it rained so much that the our street flooded. The water got so high it was above the wheel wells of our neighbors cars!! That is what I was trying to capture a picture of. It was crazy!! Every time my family comes from Nevada we get the craziest weather!

No comments: