Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snuggles

We just had our carpets cleaned and because Coralee has so much STUFF in her room, her bed was covered because the carpets were not all the way dry. So, she had to sleep with Landon.

She complained at first because, "Landon is too loud". But, I tucked them in and they seemed to be doing okay.

I told them that they needed to be quite and go to sleep and Coralee says, "But what about snuggles?"

I replied, "You can snuggle if you want to, just go to sleep!"


Because we ran like crazy today, I didn't hear a peep come out of their room which is extremely unusual. I went in to check on them and this is what I found.


I smiled as I reflected on my grumpiness when we had gotten home tonight because I was tired along with kids. Not a good combo in our house. All of the tension and anxiety subsided as I saw my two sweet angels asleep in their bed. It is these tender moments that make me LOVE being a mother. I wish I held on to these moments tighter so that I wouldn't forget when the days get hectic and crazy and the kids are loud and fighting!!

2 comments:

The Sorensens said...

Your children are adorable!!

Braden just informed be that he wants to snuggle with Landon & Coralee too.

"R" Team said...

I was thinking the exact same thing recently about how I need to slow down and enjoy those moments more when the boys are cuddly or sleeping peacefully. Nice to see all the pictures. Nice you will be able to get a break with the summer. Miss ya.