Thursday, May 13, 2010

Baseball Season

Landon LOVES baseball! He has since he was old enough to walk, so this year we decided to move him up into the 6 year old pitching machine league (because t-ball was too boring) and he is in heaven!!
He has been so excited ever since I signed him up and finally the season came! He has loved practices and he was so pumped for his first game. Steve and I were so nervous for him, but the first play of the game he was in center field and he got a ball hit to him and he fielded it and threw it in! We were so proud. When he got up to bat, I thought my heart would jump out of my chest and I felt so bad when he didn't get a hit. The second time he got up he didn't get a hit either. Steve was feeling pretty bad for him, but after the game when we got to him he said, "I tried my very best to hit the ball," and then he got his snack and was fine so we had to be too. He told us his tummy was "hot" when he got up to bat and so we think he was pretty nervous, but at his second game he hit both times and hasn't missed a chance to hit since.

It is funny how proud being a parent can make you. I love watching my children discover what they love and develop their talents. It's one of the things I love most about being a mom.Baseball ready (Landon's coach yells baseball ready and all the boys get low with their gloves! It is so cute!)

Lookin' too cute!!

All of the adoring, and adorable, fans

Baseball ready again

Throwing in warmups

He loves grounders!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

HI Landon you look so good out their playing baseball keep up the good work call Grandma and Grandpa and tell us about your games love and miss you the Fallon Grandparents