Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Bun in the Oven

So for those of you who do not know, we are expecting baby number 4! We are so excited and cannot wait for the baby to get here!! I found out we were pregnany back in February on the day I found out that my grandpa Sorensen had passed away. It was some happy news after some sad. I was so excited that I wanted to be able to tell my family while I was home for the funeral and so I did and Steve told his parents as well. Other than our family, we weren't going to say anything until I got a little farther along.

However, we ended up telling the kids on Valentine's day because someone had come up to me and congratulated me at school (luckily the kids weren't around!) and I didn't want our kids to find out from someone else, so we told them early. It was very cute. We hid some presents around the house and one of them was a bag filled with baby stuff. The kids were so excited for their present, but as they started pulling things out they were so confused. We asked them, "Do you know what this means?" And Coralee answers, "We're having another baby cousin?" Boy how happy she was when she found out the soon to be baby was ours and not an aunt and uncles!! The kids were excited and have been asking me ever since when the baby is going to come out! It is going to be a long pregnancy for them, but is flying by for me!!

I had my first appointment on Tuesday March 9 and everything looked good. I love having my first ultrasound and seeing the baby for the first time. It also makes the pregnancy official in my mind. So, here's our first baby picture! The kids said that the baby looks like a ginger bread man! I think it looks like a peanut!! Either way, it is soooooo cute already!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

oh wow! congrats! that is so exciting. that first ultrasound is amazing. the whole thing is just amazing to me. i will never get over what a miracle it all is. even with my 3 month old i just shake my head in awe......

Heidi said...

way to go Rachel... you are getting back on track with blogging! and YAY for baby #4