Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

The night before Mother's Day we were in the car playing the game, "I Wish . . ." We throwing up things like, "I wish the earth was made of candy," "I wish I had all the money in the world," and then I thought of a great one, "I wish that every day was Mother's Day"! After my Mother's Day, I really wish that one would come true!

I had such a great day. The talks at church were AMAZING and all the men who spoke said so many things I needed to hear. They were so complimentary and grateful for women and the roles that we play in our framilies lives. It was very uplifting. Then I came home and fed the kids, wrote a letter to my mom, helped get a few things ready for dinner, and then we headed out to my in-laws to spend the afternoon and evening with them. It was the best day. Here are a few of the things I loved about my day: My husband was wonderful and made me the BEST dinner! Bob cooked steaks and Steve handled everything else. When he asked me what I wanted for all the sides I couldn't really think of anything and then over the course of several days I kept spitting out things that sounded good. Well, he made them all!! He made me roasted sweet potatoes, homemade ceasar salad, grilled peppers, mushrooms, and crustini! It was a feast fit for a queen. He also TOTALLY surprised me and got me a new camera! Best present ever!!!!!

I loved being with my children and being able to tell them, "It's my happy Mother's Day!" That got them to do alot of things the normally wouldn't.
I loved spening the day with two moms that I love and admire.

I loved spending Renae's last Mother's Day before he next mission and seeing my husband with his mommy!
I loved eating the Robert Redford Steve and I made for dessert. Yum!
I loved watching my neice, baby Sophia, chow down on her Robert Redford. She is too cute!
I loved watching my kids have fun playing with their cousins.
Thanks for a great day everyone!! I love you all and I can't wait for my next Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Teri said...

The best thing is you are the best Mom in the world and I miss seeing that everyday stuff but love and want all the best for you everyday. Keep up the good work Love your Fallon MoM