Sunday, December 14, 2008

Coralee's Eye Surgery

Coralee had eye surgery on October 9. My mom and dad flew in with Braylon and I from Utah to help with the boys while Steve and I went with her. Coralee has estropia and far sightedness. Her eyes were rolling out and the surgery was hopefully going to straighten her eyes, however, her eyes are now rolling in. These surgeries are often times under or over corrected and unfortunately, in Cora's case, that is what has happened after each of her surgeries. She had surgery when she was 20 months. Although she was very nervous, she did great. The hardest part for her was that her surgery was scheduled for 11 and she didn't get wheeled back until 2! The poor thing had been fasting and she was thirsty and hungry! Steve and I tried to help her forget by being silly!

It helped that we had a great nurse. She gave Coralee all sorts of prizes and things to do. Coralee even got to watch Snow White on her own special t.v. while she waited.

The hardest part for Steve and I was watching her wake up from anesthesia. It was horrible! She yelled, screamed, and cried and she was so incoherent. She kept crying, "I want my mommy! I want my Mama!" I was holding her the entire time. Then she would say, "I don't want you. You're mean. I don't like you. I want my Mom. I want my Dad." It brought tears to both of our eyes. She also asked for her grandma and for her aunt Kassi and aunt Rayanne. Oh, the hardest line was, "Please let me go see my mom." She was so polite! It broke my heart. But finally she woke up and she did so well that night.

She had a visit from her friends Brynn and Alexa and she also received cookies from her friend Levi. Thanks for all the support friends and family. We appreciated all your prayers and thoughts. Also, thanks Brian and Annie for providing us with such a yummy dinner!

Coralee's eyes before the surgery . . .

Coralee's eyes after.

The redness was not as bad as when she was a baby and now the redness is completely gone! Ya!

1 comment:

Norby Family said...

Kalli coming out of anesthesia was the worst too. It's just hard to watch your little one struggling. Good to see all is well there!