Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope everyone had as wonderful of a Christmas as we did! We were all obviously very good this year because Santa spoiled everyone! We had so much fun! Our morning started with Coralee coming into our room around 7. We made her climb in bed and snuggle until the boys woke up. She couldn't contain her excitement any more, so we went in and woke the boys up at 7:45. It was so nice to sleep in!

Everyone came downstairs and went into our family room where we opened stockings and secret santa gifts. (The kids draw names and buy for eachother.) Then we came into the living room and the kids tore in! Here are the before pics:
and the after:

This year's family theme was a musical Christmas. We got a piano that Steve and I put countless hours into. Steve picked it up and moved it into our wonderful neighbor and bestest friend Steph's garage. Then I spent an entire Saturday sanding it down, Steve primed it, and then I painted it brown with the help of my cutest most wonderfulest neice who lives in Arvada and is my name sake, Rachel. It was quite a chore, but Rachel made it a blast! I found it on Craig's list for $100 bucks and thought it was such a bargain (and it was) but it was a lot of work to get it looking nice. Next time we'll buy one that doesn't require as much work. If there is a next time!!

So, the kids got lots of instruments. Coralee got a recorder and a harmonica; Landon got a little electronic drum and drum sticks, and Braylon got a recorder and an elmo guitar. I love music!! From Santa Coralee got lots of art stuff! She got a little art desk with lots of fun supplies: paper, coloring pads, markers, crayons, etc.; Landon got Playmobile knight stuff: a castle, knights, horses, and dress up gear; and Braylon got lots of building stuff: bristle blocks, lincoln logs, and kinex blocks. They also got clothes and other little toys, but those things were the majority of what they got.
Stephen got work clothes, a razor, an electric picture frame, and a bunch of framed pictures of me and the kids. (Funny story. My friend Amy was kind enough to squeeze me and the kids in for pictures and so to show our appreciation, Braylon puked all over her backdrop!!!! Horrible. I had no idea he was sick and he didn't act like it until he spewed all over! It was awful, but Amy was so wonderful about it! Thanks Amy!)
I got a laptop with a monitor and docking station! Plus Stephen got adobe photoshop on it for me! I have been wanting it for years, but our old computer couldn't hack it! I'm so excited. He also got me clothes, cds, and a gift card to the mall. I'm not worthy. What can I say, my man loves me.
It truly was a wonderful Christmas. Brother Dave came and shared it with us and we loved having him here. Hope you all had a very merry Christmas as well.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

FUN ... THanks again for the two trips to the airport. I CANNOT believe that happened. You guys are too kind!
Merry Christmas!