Friday, August 21, 2009

Blaahhhhh Stripes!!!!!

Ok, so for any of you out there contemplating painting stripes in a room in your house, think again!!! Stripes look like so much fun, but let me tell ya . . . they're not!!! They are so much work!

I thought (there's where I went wrong!!) that painting stripes on one of the boys' wall to represent pin stripes would be so cute. It would match the sheets The execution, painful. It took me an entire day to do these stripes. I measured and drew lines in the morning, taped in the late morning early afternoon, started painting mid afternoon, and finished around 6 pm. I survived the process though and here is how it turned out:

Landon snapped a pic of me taping.

Wow! That is a lot of tape!

Finally done taping.

Painting. The problem was that I was trying to use caulk to
make the lines straight. It took me an hour to do the line you see here.
After that, I scrapped straight lines and just painted the whole wall.
I'm far from perfect anyway, what would possess me into thinking
I needed perfect lines!!

Wallah! The finished striped wall! AAAAHHHHH!

At least it is done. All I need to do now is touch it up.

You better love this boys!!

No comments: