Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thirty, Flirty (But only with Steve), and Thriving

Today I turned the big 3-0!!! It is crazy because I thought that I would feel so grown up and mature, but really I just feel the same! BUMMER!! However, I guess that is good because we are only as old as we feel right?
(Don't know what's up with my camera and the color pink!! But I made Cam take a pic of me!)

I had a GREAT birthday weekend. Coralee, Cameron, and I went to the Castle Rock Outlets with my friends Erin and her girls and shopped all day on Friday while my WONDERFUL brother-in-law, Dave Wave, watched my boys. It was so much fun. While we were shopping, Steve called and told me that he needed my home by five and that I needed to pack some pjs and comfy clothes and left it at that.

When we got back, I packed and he whisked me out the door and we were off toward Golden. He took me to dinner at McCormicks, then we went and saw That Was Loud, This is Now at Heritage Square, and then we stayed the night at the Marriot in Golden. Then we woke up on Sat. and he took me and dropped me off at Salon Siverado for an hour massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure! It was wonderful!! I have the best husband ever!!! Sorry ladies. (Steve getting my turkey ready!! Yum, yum!! I love turkey!)

Saturday night we went and watched Bob and Renae in their stake's Jubilee play and then Sunday (my actual birthday) I had fun managing the children while Steve was at meetings and then after church we headed back to Arvada to listen to Bob speak at a stake fireside (which was incredible!!) and then we went back to their house for Thanksgiving dinner and cake and ice cream It was a great day!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

so fun! while we were talking I thought about your birthday, and totally forgot to say happy birthday. Now I feel like a jerk. We will have to do something sometime soon.

Lewis Family said...

Name the day. I'm in!! And you are not a jerk!! I forget b-days all the time, except my own!! Hee, hee.